Monday, April 7, 2008

Technique Tuesday

Happy Tuesday, girlz!! Sorry I missed calling BINGO WORDZ last night!! I'll double up today!! Here are your first 3 words:
GIGGLES
RIBBON
SCENIC ROUTE
Check back tonight for more words!! Good Luck!

OK....now on to our Technique for today:
Create A Mini Album On Your Page That Features Extra Photos Or Journaling

I love using this technique when I have extra photos that I really want to use, but don't have room on my page for OR when I have journaling or memorabilia that I want "hidden".

In my first example, I had so many pics that I wanted to include, but no room for my title. So to solve the problem, I create a little circle album that "swings" open to reveal more pics! I simply cut the top & base of my "mini album" with my Curvy Cutter, adhered the base to my page & used a brad to attach the top circle. Easy as pie!!


Every year when my kids go back to school, I want to include something about their "first day of school outfit" (I have girls...it's a big deal!!!LOL)Besides, I think it will be neat to look back & see what clothes cost!
Anyway, some years I journal it on the page, other years I've used the tags of their clothing on my page, but for this one...I not only wanted to include the outfit info, but also the emotions we were feeling since it was Beth's last year at the elementary school.

Soooo...I created a little mini album that I attached directly onto my page. For this "mini album", I cut cardstock 6 x 12, folded the sheets in half to create my book & pages. I punched holes with my Crop-A-Dile & ran ribbon through them to create my binding. I also punched one hole at the opening of my album and ran ribbon through it to keep my album closed. I attached it to my page! Inside, I included extra pics from that day, a letter from me with my wishes for her in the school year, stickers that came on her outfit tags, and I made a pocket that I used to store the price tags from her outfit.



Your mini album doesn't have to have a ton of pages....maybe even just one that you open to reveal something special. Just be creative & see what you can come up with!!!
Creat a layout with some sort of mini album on it, & I'll give you 20 FRIENDZ POINTZ!!! Yep! That's right, 20!!!! This challenges takes a little more time & creativity, so I'm feeling generous!!!



Send us a pic of your page to scrapfriendzy@windstream.net by the end of the month, and I'll credit your FPZ!!
Have a great day!
~AMY

5 comments:

Christa said...

WHOO HOOOO got all 3 words. moves me up to 10 now.

Love this tech. GREAT LOS!!!

wendipooh13 said...

what amazing pages!!!! soo much fun and love this idea, I've done this before and such a great option for a day with tons of photos!!! love the examples!!

Ronda Simpson said...

Love these LO's!!! So cool!!

Cheryl L. said...

Awesome ideas Amy! Love the pages! I got 2 of the Bingo words !!

Elizabeth said...

whaaaaahoooo! got all 3 words.
and dang girl.... that is one challenge in all sense of the word!!! LOL
seriously, that had to take some time and TALENt(neither of which, I am sure I have!!)
very , very awesome mini book on a page LO!