Thursday, January 24, 2008

One week to go!!! {& BINGO words!!}

OK...chicks, only one week to go until the deadline for the January Girlfriend Of The Month Contest!!

Here's the scoop: You have a chance to not only win the title, but also a fun RAK! Your challenge is to create a LO with a new year theme. It can be celebrating New Years, your resolutions or goals for a new year, a "year in review" LO, life lessons learned in the past year, whatever! Be creative! Anything that you would scrap that has to do with a new year is cool! Here are the contest rules: 1. Create any size LO focusing on New Years 2. E-mail it to us at scrapfriendzy@yahoo.com 3. The deadline for entries is Midnight (CST) Thursday, Jan 31st

I thought I'd share the New Year's LO I created for my 2008 BOM. I kinda went overboard with the sewing machine & distressing, but it was a ton of fun!!
I used Creative Cafe goodies. I love the colors in this line. The die-cut flowers are adorable and it even has matching felt flowers, shapes & words.
I used stickers to make a mask for my title. Just put your stickers on, brush paint over them, let them dry for just a few minutes and pull the stickers back off. Pretty cool technique!
I made a pocket and little file tabs where I wrote my goals and dreams for 2008. This LO is 8x8.

Hope this inspires you to create a New Year's themed LO and enter the GFOTM contest! C'mon, you can do it!!!
OPPS......I almost forgot...... BINGO WORDS!!!!! Here ya go:

FANCY PANTS

DIE-CUTS

6x12

Good Luck!!!

8 comments:

Ronda Simpson said...

I have Fancy Pants. I mean...I'm not wearing fancy pants, but ...eh you know what I mean. :)

Brandi said...

Love that page! Where did you find the creative cafe stuff? I've been looking ALL over for it!

Brandi said...

I have Fancy Pants and Die-cuts!

AmyG said...

I got the Creative Cafe stuff in Waco at Crop Paper Scissors. They have the whole Creative Station! Have you seen those?
They even have the 12x12 felt sheets! I love the polka-dots!

Cheryl L. said...

Great page! i love it!

Donna Espiritu said...

gorgeous, love ur lo girl!! you are so creative :)

Brandi said...

Lucky! Noone around here has that! I did a search online and the closest place to me was Dallas.

Elizabeth said...

what a cute page! love all that ink!!
yeah, I do that with packaging from kids toys.. to add to scrap. I have a whole collection of strips of cardboard or tags from clothing..! its all still in a box!!
and I got nada on the bingo words.
ugh!