Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Technique Tuesday

Today's technique is "Hidden Journaling". Last night, I taught a class at my church. We created a page using this technique. There are so many fun ways to hide your journaling or even memorabilia or photos on your pages. I thought I'd share a few ideas with you today.
This is the page we created for our Monthly Scrapbooking With Scripture Class. We "hid" our journaling by making a flap from our matted photo.

To create a flap is so easy, and can be done on both horizonal & vertical photos. Simply extend your mat 1 inch on the side you want your flap to be. Fold the extra back and adhere only that strip to your page.

Another fun technique is to create a hidden pocket. For this LO, I simply made a "pocket" out of Cardstock and placed it behind my photo mat. I then made a tag for my journaling with a pull tab and slid it into the pocket. Quick & Easy!


I'd love to see the creative ways you've hidden journaling or memorabilia, etc.
E-mail us a photo of your page where you've "hidden" something and I'll give you 8 FRIENDZ POINTZ!!!! Our e-mail addy is now: scrapfriendzy@windstream.net
Don't forget, you've got until 5 pm today to post "what you love about ScrapFriendzy" in last night's post to be eligible for the drawing for 10 Bonus FPz!!! {See post below for more details}And check back often this week....I'm feeling really generous with the FPz!!!!

3 comments:

Trish said...

I love your layouts! I look forward to trying the hidden journaling tonight :) Your blog is so much fun to read and get ideas from ! Have a great day.

Cheryl L. said...

Love this idea of hiding the journaling. I really enjoyed the class last night. Thanks for teaching it!

Ronda Simpson said...

Love that page!! I like the option of hidden journaling, because it allows space for what usually would be taken up by journaling. I like to take up every inch of the 12x12 space that I can. Great technique A-may!!